Friday 6 September 2013

Time flies when you are having fun.



Time flies when you're having fun.

It seems no time since my last blog entry.  I can't believe it is actually 6 months ago.  So much has happened in the last 6 months that I don't know where to start.   Xmas came and went similarly to every other year.  Time to catch up with friends and eat too much food, then a week later we do much the same thing all over again.

Since I met my temari buddy Mrs D. from Central Victoria, we have became really good friends.  She and her husband, Mr C. have come to visit us a couple of times and we have been to visit them also. We have lots of laughs and share our temari ideas.  She has taught me how to wrap my own bases, which has been a great help to me.

My D.B. suffers from lots of health issues and spends days in hospital from time to time.  In February he had a few days in again.  So like many wives do, I took my needlework over with me.  The reaction to Temari Balls from the nursing staff was astounding.  I have to say I got a bit embarrassed with all the attention.

I remember on the 2nd morning, one nurse came into my D.B.'s room and said to me,
"You kept me up till after 1 o'clock this morning, looking at Temari balls on the internet.  I just couldn't stop, they're all so beautiful".  By the time the 3 day stay was over, 5 nurses had got together and decided they wanted to learn how to stitch Temari.

Music to my ears!!  When I first started to stitch Temari, I really wanted to share the joy with others, and my ideal dream was to have a small group that met every 6 to 8 weeks for a stitch-in.  Maybe this was going to be the break I needed.  The first lesson was arranged for mid March.  I was beside myself with excitement.  Due to so, so many stays in hospital for my D.B., we already knew the group that was coming bar one, who was a friend of one of the nurses.

The big day finally arrived and it was a raging success, thank goodness.  We had an absolute ball, pardon the pun, and they all did very well for their first attempt at Temari stitching.  So much so that they wanted to have another lesson.  This one was arranged for the beginning of May.  During the next 2 days my mobile was running hot with texts.  They all said how much they had enjoyed the day and the progress they were making with their Temari balls.  I was so happy to have such an enthusiastic group of girls to share such a wonderful craft with.

This is their 1st effort.  I think they all did very well.


The 2nd lesson was a real hoot.  These girls all have such fun together.  We laugh a lot and I "boss" a lot, but at the end of the day we make a lot of progress.  At this lesson, the lass who was not a nurse, has since got a job and was unable to come to any more
Temari days, so their were only the 5 nurses present.  Before they left they had arranged a date for our next day and also had another nurse willing to join our group.
They had also decided that our Temari days were to be a permanent thing.  So one of my Temari dreams has come to fruition and I am absolutely rapt.

This is their 2nd Temari.  I'm not sure where the 5th Temari was when this photo was taken, but it is just as pretty as these 4.


 
I have had a lot of problems with my computer and haven't been able to work out how to attach photos to my blogs, but my "Superman with computers" Mr D. has just          returned from overseas, and has sorted out all my problems.  So hopefully I'll be able   to manage it all by myself from now on.  My D.B. suggested that I write Ha Ha after    the last sentence!!!  Not nice.                                                                                            
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment