Friday 6 September 2013

What I think is a rather large Temari ball.


What I think is a rather large Temari ball.


I've been dying to post a photo of one of my latest and favourite Temari balls,  so I thought I'd do it now while Mr.D's instructions are still in the old brain box.  Tomorrow could be a different story.  Best start from the beginning of this saga.

My D.B. and I had been on a short holiday to Western Australia (where it was really great to finally meet Rebecca from Temari Addict).  While we were away, my Temari buddy Mrs.D and her hubby, Mr.C had also gone for a short holiday.  On our return to Victoria, before heading straight home, we called in to say Hi to them both and catch up on all our news.

Later in the arvo Mr.C presented me with a huge box and said he'd bought me a pressie while they were away. I felt really embarrassed because we hadn't done the same for them.  Mr.C said "Come on just open it".  I swear the box had 2 rolls of masking tape wrapped around it.  By the time I got through a few layers, I thought it was going to be something very small in a great big box.  Not so.

When I finally got through the masking tape and opened the box, I was amazed to see the biggest polystyrene ball imaginable.  I couldn't believe it was so big.  I mean HUGE!!!  It was bigger than a basket ball.  It measures just over 80cms.  Like I said, it's HUGE.

It seems when Mr.C saw it he said it had my name written all over it, so he decided to buy it for me as a joke. Some joke.  But then again, some people do have  a weird sense of humour.  Mr.C being a prime example!!

When we got home I thought 2 can play his game, so I decided to wrap the ball, which I might add took me ages and heaps of thread.  When done, I started with a C10 marking.  Some months prior to my "gift", I had seen a Temari online that I really loved, so I decided to have a go.  I know with a ball of this size it would have been an ideal opportunity to do a pattern with far more markings than I chose, but I really loved the pattern I had seen and wanted to do it. I'm pleased with the finished Temari.

So here's my HUGE temari.       Hope you like it.    Cheers.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment